Now Closing: Sunday 31 March 2019
The deadline for the Call for Papers for the 8th annual London Conference in Critical Thought (LCCT), hosted and supported by the Centre for Invention and Social Process (CISP) at the Department of Sociology at Goldsmiths, University of London, has now been extended until Sunday, 31 March.
The LCCT is a free, inter-institutional, interdisciplinary conference in critical thought that takes place annually in different institutions across London. LCCT follows a non-hierarchical, decentralised model of organisation that undoes conventional academic distinctions between plenary lectures and break-out sessions, aiming instead to create opportunities for intellectual critical exchange regardless of participants’ disciplinary field, institutional affiliation, or seniority. LCCT has no overarching or predetermined theme. The conference’s intellectual content and academic tone are set anew each year, stemming from thematic streams that are conceived, proposed and curated by a group of stream organisers. The streams for #LCCT2019 are:
- Art MANIFESTOS: The future of an evolving form
- Automating inequality: AI, smart devices and the reproduction of the social
- The Cold War Then and Now: Theories and legacies
- Culture/Politics of trauma
- Difference, evolution and biology
- Gendered technologies, gender as technology
- Immanence, conflict and institution: Within and beyond Italian Theory
- Multiplying Citizenship: Beyond the subject of rights
- Radical Ventriloquism: Acts of speaking through and speaking for
- Rethinking new materialisms: Ethics, politics and aesthetics
- Thinking critically with care
The full call for papers with details of the streams can be found at:
Please send abstracts for papers and presentations proposals with relevant stream title indicated in the subject line to: email@example.com. Abstracts should be no more than 250 words and must be received by the extended deadline of Sunday, 31 March 2019.
We aim to make the LCCT open and accessible to all. For any queries about accessibility requirements, please get in touch with us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information about the conference is available at www.londoncritical.org.